Shake off colder temps, for spring has sprung! Squeeze the most out of this blooming season with these warmer weather activities to help you unthaw:
- Declutter your closet. To make it more open and airy, purge your wardrobe of all the clothes you didn’t wear over the winter. Donate the castoffs and make room for summer essentials.
- Try your hand at Frisbee golf. Running around on a grassy course soaking up the fresh air. Frisbee golf is the perfect cure to your winter blues. Grab some friends and some discs and you’re in business!
- Road trip to a bizarre local attraction. If famous landmarks like the World’s Largest Cheeto or Ice Cream Capital of the World are just an hour or two away, why not seize the day? Hop in your car, roll down your windows, and take a mini road trip to visit a nearby town’s pride and joy.
- Visit a greenhouse. Waiting until the summer to start your garden limits your options. Stretch your growing season by visiting a greenhouse, where you’ll find new plants, flowers, and produce seedlings to add to your bounty.
- Go mushroom hunting. Morel mushrooms grow all across the United States and sprout in the spring, making them a seasonal delicacy. Never gone hunting before? It’s easy!
- Get together for a grill fest. Dust off and light up your grill to celebrate warmer temperatures with friends and family. Challenge each guest to bring a dish designed for the grill so that every part of the meal – meat, veg, fruit, and dessert – is prepared outdoors.
- Catch a sunrise. With coffee and cocoa in tow, head to a nearby park or nature reserve to catch the sun as it rises over budding trees and new wildlife. Go all-out cooking up a delicious breakfast spread after the main event.
- Hit up flea markets and garage sales. One man’s trash is another man’s weekend discovery. As your neighbors spring clean, snap up items from the ridiculous to the sublime.
- Wash the cars. There’s something innately satisfying about watching months-worth of dust and sludge slide off a now-sparkling vehicle. Involve the whole family in the scrubbing and splashing, and reward them with ice cream at a local parlor afterwards.
- Get dirty. Whether it’s planting flowers, embarking on a DIY landscaping project, or simply sinking your hands and feet into gooey mud, nothing screams spring quite like dirt-streaked clothes. Embrace the mess!
Adventure is out there – go grab it! Be sure to share your favorite spring activity on our Facebook page and show us your favorite spring activity!